I’ve got a Denon AVR-X1400H 7.2 Receiver and I tried to play music from my iPhone and Macbook but I could not make it work because it kept asking me to enter the AirPlay Password I have never set up.
I tried to google and found one reference.
- From the Denon Receiver(on TV), go to SETUP > Network > Connection.
- Select Wireless(Wi-Fi).
- Choose Wi-Fi Setup.
- Select Share Wi-Fi setting from an iOS device.
NOTE: iOS 7 or later is required. It explains what to do next on TV as well.
- From your iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select your Denon Receiver under SET UP NEW AIRPLAY SPEAKER.
- It takes about 5-10 seconds to show up the receiver on the list. Just be patient.
- Probably, you will see Denon AVR-X1400H under the list. In my case, I could see Living Room because I changed the name of the receiver.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Set your speaker password. << This step is important and it is the AirPlay password you are looking for.
- Once you hit Next button, your receiver will automatically setup the Wi-Fi connection from your iPhone.
- Hit Done on your iPhone as well as on your receiver.
- Enjoy the AirPlay mode.